• bannerproducto-01
  • bannermoda-01
  • cuero_88 copia
  • banner.animacion-01
  • bannerfoto-01
  • bannerilus-01
  • banner_Mesa de trabajo 1
/Courses / Access and admission for students from outside the EU

Access and admission for students from outside the EU


Access and admission 

General admission

All the information to access Higher education studies in Design (calls, tests, timetable, deadlines, marks…) can be found at our tab “Acceso y admisión – Enseñanzas Artísticas Superiores de Diseño” in the following links:




All the information to access Vocational Education Training studies in Art and Design (calls, tests, timetable, deadlines, marks…) can be found at our tab “Acceso y admisión – Enseñanzas Artísticas Profesionales” in the following link:


All the information to access Upper Secondary Art studies (regulation, deadlines,…) can be found at our tab “Acceso y admisión – Bachillerato Artístico” in the following link:


Enrolling at EASD

If you want to study at our institution, which offers non compulsory studies, you need to take the following steps:

  • Collect all the academic documents you own from your home country, and if they are not in Spanish, you must obtain a sworn translation, at least, from your marks and the official qualification related to them.
  • Submit these documents to the Government Sub-delegation Office of the Province of Burgos. To do so, you will probably have to do it personally there.

Address: Calle de Vitoria, 34, 09004 Burgos

Telephone: (+ 34) 947 76 90 00

  • Once the documents are submitted, you must apply for a request so you can be enrolled at EASDB (you must prove that you are in possession of the required qualification to access the studies you are interested in). This request will be presented to ask for an accreditation certificate.
  • The Government Sub-delegation Office will issue a provisional schooling certificate until the accreditation certificate arrives. With this provisional schooling certificate, the enrolment at the EASD will be possible and you will be able to sit for the tests or exams to access the studies in case they are needed (Vocational Training Cycles and Degree in Fashion design). In case you pass these tests, you will be able to study provisionally until the accreditation certificate arrives.
  • The Government Sub-delegation Office will send the request along with the documents to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (MECD), via the Regional Education Office of Castilla y León. If all the requirements are met, the accreditation certificate will be issued and it will be sent to your personal address. You must present a certified copy of it to the EASD as soon as possible. The answer can take up to six months.
  • If an answer is not received from the MECD or the answer given is negative, the enrolment to the EASD made with the provisional education referral, will be considered void. The principal of the EASD will only be able to recognize the length of time you have been at EASD based on the provisional schooling certificate, but all exams and projects undertaken during that window frame will be equally void.

Students from outside the EU

If you are a student from outside the European Union (EU), the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland, in order to stay in Spain legally for more than 90 days, you need to obtain a student residence authorisation, which authorises you to remain in Spain for the duration of your course and if you wish, you will also be able to travel within the EU and the countries that have signed agreements with Spain or the EU for the free movement of people.

1. Before you arrive in Spain: Student Visa

Before arriving in Spain you must obtain the student residence visa (visado de estancia por estudios) from the Spanish consulate in your country of origin or legal residence. You can find your consulate on the website of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

To apply for a visa, you need an accreditation of acceptance on a EASD Burgos study programme, among other documents. You can request this accreditation from the department of international relations of the school, international@easdburgos.es.

It is very important that the visa is a student visa (type D). Any other type of visa does not entitle you to the subsequent processing of your Foreigner Identity Card (TIE).

N.B.: Remember that the student visa is only valid for study at the school where you have applied for admission, and for the period of time specified in the acceptance letter. This means that if you choose to study at a different educational institution after obtaining your visa, you should contact the Spanish embassy or consulate in your country of residence to make sure of the steps you need to take before travelling to Spain.

2. During the first month you enter Spain: TIE (Foreigner Identity Card)

If your authorised stay is longer than six months, you must apply for your Foreigner Identity Card, within one month of entering Spain.

You must apply for this authorisation directly at the police station:

A) Burgos residents at the Police Station located in Av. Castilla Leon Nº3 , Burgos, Teléfono: 947282345, by appointment, arranged on the website https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/procedimientos/index/categoria/34 (Extranjería\Cita previa extranjería\Acceda\Acceder al procedimiento\Barcelona\Expedición de tarjeta de identidad de extranjero (huella)\Entrar).

B) Foreign citizens residing in towns other than Burgos, should apply in person to the Police Station in the town where you live, with no need for an appointment.

Which documents are needed?

– Application form (original and copy) Application form.
– Original passport and photocopy, including visa (student type) and EU entry stamp. In case there is no EU entry
– date stamp, photocopy of flight ticket.
-Acceptance letter (either in Spanish) as student or researcher at EASD Burgos.
-Enrolment certificate for the current academic year, specifying that attendance to classes is mandatory and the length and dates of the studies (minimum of six months).
– Certificate of census Registration in Spain (padró o empadronament).
This document is the Official Register of people who live in Spain, containing their corresponding addres, and every resident, either Spanish or foreigner, of a municipal area must register on it.
Please check Burgos City Council’s website to learn more about it, Application form.


3. Two months before your card expires: Renewal

The card is valid for one year and is renewable if you continue your studies.

You can carry out the renewal process a maximum of 2 months in advance, and you must do so before it expires.

More information:


4.   If you have to travel and your Card has expired: Return permit

If you have to leave Spain and your card is being renewed, you can apply for a permit that allows you to re-enter the country, providing that your card has already expired. This authorisation allows you to leave and re-enter the country within 90 days.

Process update (29/07/2013): Return permit is valid exclusively for entering the Schengen Area through the Spanish borders. If you intend to enter the Schengen area through another Member State, check prior your departure if you are required a VISA for entering that Member State.

You must apply for this authorisation directly at the police station, by appointment:

A) Burgos residents at the Police Station located in: Av. Castilla Leon Nº3 , Burgos, Teléfono: 947282345, by appointment, arranged on the website https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/procedimientos/index/categoria/34  (Cita previa extranjería\Acceder al procedimiento\Burgos\Certificado UE\Entrar).

B) Foreign citizens residing in towns other than Burgos, should apply in person to the Police Station of your city, without prior appointment.

Documentation and procedure (Spanish)

Download Form

Fees must be paid at the Police Station (you’ll find the form there) when applying for the return authorisation
More information is available at:



If during your stay you have to undertake an internship in a public or private institution that is part of the syllabus for which your residence permit was granted, and which is included in the collaboration agreements between these institutions and EASD, you do not need to apply for any work permit.

In other circumstances, if you want to study and work (on either a self-employed or employed basis), you will need a work permit, with the following conditions:

In a part time contract, working hours must not interfere with your school hours. If you sign up for a full time contract you are allowed to work up to three months, in which case it shall not coincide or overlap with any term of the academic year.
The achieved income cannot have the nature of resource necessary to prove your sustenance nor your stay. Furthermore, it will not be considered as part of the TIE renewal process.
The validity of the work permit will be valid for the same duration as the contract and cannot be longer than the duration of the student residence permit.

If you want to study and work at the same time, you are in need of a work authorization which must fulfil the following conditions:

-Labour timetable must not coincide with the academic timetable (part-time basis or full-time basis if the work contract has a maximum length of three months out of the academic period).

-The incomes obtained must not be the main financial ressource to cover your stay.

-The work authorization must be coincident with the length of the contract and must not have a longer duration than the study permit.

More information on the documents required and the application procedure is available at:

Download Application Form

If the studies plan you have the studies permit allowed to includes interships in public or private institutions (and they take place within an agreement of the institution and the EASDB) a work authorization is no needed.

More information: http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/who-does-what/what-does-the-eu-do/coming-to-the-eu_en#anchor3

© 2023 EASD Burgos | Aviso legal | easdburgos.es | Acceso |